Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Trinity Alps Trail Run Pics


Finally! Pictures of our August trail run! Here's my friend, Karen, and Coach Bill. They're smiling so big 'cause we've only just begun!







We were afforded some absolutely spectacular views!















Karen cooling herself on the way back down.

















There were two lakes at the top that we were able to reach. About a mile beyond the ridge in the pic to the left is another lake, but it was getting late in the day . . . and we didn't feel like scrambling over granite to find it. Maybe next time!


Me on the way down (below left). Coach Bill gave us cooling bandanas which save us! God bless Coach Bill! The run would've been pretty miserable and hot without those.













I'm still trying to figure this whole posting this out! The picture below, if you read my last post, you will know that Karen got stung by something. I'm trying to get it out of her butt and while laughing my own butt off and begging her not to pass gas while I'm in sucha vulnerable position!

1 comment:

Andy B. said...

Hey, I recognize that trail. I ran that about a week after you and your friends did.

I was up there over the Labor Day weekend, and did a run up to the lakes as well. Definitely a challenging run, but the scenery, as you mentioned, is absolutely spectacular.

Sounds like you had a good time, and great job on the run. I'll have to check back to see what other runs you are doing. I really enjoy finding new places to run, especially if I can combine it with a few days of camping!

Happy running!!!