Monday, September 8, 2008

Canning 101


Yesterday, Shorty and I canned approximately 50 jars of apple butter, cranberry apple butter, zucchini relish, and some sort of hot pepper/ cucumber mixture. We literally spent the entire day (10+ hours?) working in the kitchen . . . together . . . with knives and boiling water . . . and we lived to tell the tale. No threats of death, divorce, or mutilation. And I think we actually hugged each other a couple of times. I know, absolutely astounding. I think 60 Minutes is going to do a piece on it. Something along the lines of “Canning and Marriage Survival 101.” It will be a true masterpiece of reporting.

4 comments:

rustyboy said...

This is the CAN-do attitude the world needs more of!

Yes. You may now slap me.

Kate said...

You haven't lived until you've canned tuna. I'll teach you how. We'll do it at YOUR place. heheh

fatozzig said...

Russ - I'm shaking my head at you in total disgust. Bad, really, really bad, dude.

Kate - Um, no. I'll pass on the tuna experience . . . until I come to YOUR house. ;o)

Dan said...

I'm impressed. My wife and I can't work together in the kitchen for more than 15 minutes without a battle breaking out! Now, how do I get my hands on some of that cranberry apple butter? ;-)