Thursday, December 17, 2009

Scrooge, Here



The Hub and I have decided to forego Christmas this year. No family coming, we already spent all our money on vacation in October and a new bed a couple of weeks ago, enough's enough.

All the adults in our family decided years ago to not get gifts for one another and just call. Gifts went to the kids when they were little, it turned to money as they grew up. Now that they're all adults, they get what all the other adults get, a card, and a phone call, if you're lucky.

This year, we're not even doin' the cards. Heck we aint' even doin' a tree or ANY kind of decorations. Do I look at other Christmas decorations and lights somewhat wistfully? I'd be lying if I said no. Do I miss dragging out all the boxes, spending hours upon hours decorating a $100+ tree and the house? Heck, no! And I won't miss all the hours I would've spent putting all the crap away.

So this year, we're hum buggin' it, and I don't mind one bit.

1 comment:

Kate said...

We are doing very little this year, too. I'm of the opinion that we should celebrate the holidays only once every 4 years, like the Olympics. We do participate in our local "adopt a needy family" project and get a lot of pleasure shopping for food and gifts for the 5 kids of a single mom we adopted. That's always the highlight of the year, more than trees or gifts for ourselves.