Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Random Thoughts

Let me introduce you to a couple of my pals: Ziggy aka Tony Ma-Rony (L) and Wilson (R). They are 2 of 5 black cats who call my house "Kitty Nirvana."


It's storming like crazy here this week. Gonna be some wet runs. I imagine most of you are getting yourselves and/or families ready for Christmas. Good luck with the crowds out there!

Big controversy has been the switch from CoolRunning to Active. It has not gone well and, needless to say, many CR people are abandoning ship. Many of us have headed over to www.runningahead.com, which is turning out to be a really nice site. I think one guy is basically handling all the traffic, and all I have to say about that is, he must be a computer superman. I think it's safe to say he's been bombarded with CR folks who are pissed about the ragtag conversation. But enough ranting . . .

For the next couple of months, I will be getting myself ready for my first trail run of the 2008, the 30k at Pirates Cove in Sausalito, CA, put on by Pacific Coast Trail Runs. If you ever have a chance to participate in PCTR event, do it! They have, by far, the best aid stations, Wendell and Sarah are outstanding, and the whole thing is a great experience. I've participated in 3 (?) of their event so far and will keep going back.

Goals for the rest of the year include gearing up for my first ultra trail run in May, the 50k at Forest Park in Portland, OR, then the 50k at Salt Point in Jenner, CA, and then the Bizz Johnson Marathon (trail) in Susanville, CA. (yes, i live in california!). If I can make it through those four, I'll be one happy camper, and will achieved what to me only two years ago would have seemed the impossible.

Closer in time, though, is a trip to Prague in January. Oh yes - snow, snow, snow. And yes, I'm gonna try to run in it. I can't go almost 2 weeks without running and be ready for a 30k in March. Ain't gonna happen. So we'll just have to see what happens.

For those of you brave enough to wade this these random thoughts, you're strong people! I don't post in here much, but will try to from this point on and keep you - okay, me - apprised of my progress. As I lay in bed writing this, I can hear the storm - to read, lots of rain - goin' on outside. Should make for a cold, wet run in the dark-early a.m. hours.

Hey - thanks for checkin' this out!

No comments: