Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Another Fine Lesson Learned

Of course I've known forever that I would have today off work. One would think that I would be smart enough to say, "Hey! I'll do my 20-miler on Wednesday instead of having to do it at Conference over the weekend!" Well, I didn't think about that until Karen suggested it last night. I had a pretty exhaustive XT day yesterday, but I thought, "What the heck. Let's give it a try anyway." Well . . . . I made it 12.5 miles today. My legs were beat. . . up. My quads hurt so stinking bad, there was no way I could do anymore climbing. If I could've run on a rolling trail, I know I could've finished, but the climbing - ugh! Now I'll have to gut it out down in Rancho Cordova, either on the road or on a treadmill. {sigh} My own stupidity never ceases to amaze me.

2 comments:

Dan said...

At least you learned something so it wasn't a total loss :-)

fatozzig said...

This is true. Very true.