Sunday, April 17, 2011

Stumpin' Around on 3 Legs

Went to the foot doc on Friday, and no matter how hard I tried to argue my case, I'm still on crutches. Possibly for another 4 weeks. Plus I have to get a bone scan - or an MRI. I just have to figure out which one I can afford. Argh! The frustration level is about THIS HIGH. My initial comment re pool running - I still agree it's great exercise, but lordy it's b-o-o-o-o-r-i-n-g! I can only handle about 40 minutes before I feel like I'm going to lose my mind. The funny part is the looks I get from people trying to figure out what the heck I'm doing.

My buddy, Karen, has been training for her upcoming FatAss 50k on her 50th birthday, and another friend, Arla, just finished her first ultra event, the American River 50 Mile Endurance. I'm insanely jealous of what they're doing, and so damn proud of them at the same time. Arla rocked that course, as I knew she would. And Karen - well, she's gonna have a fantastic time this upcoming weekend. There's a tutu involved. All I know is there better be a whole lot of pictures, too!

Okay then -

2 comments:

Ewa said...

I couldn't stand pool running. Sorry you have 4 more weeks on crutches, but you know what, that will pass really fast.
Hugs.

Anonymous said...

I never knew something could be so unbelievably boring. Can't even listen to music to try and take my mind off it!