Monday, August 25, 2008

The Musings of a Tired Mind


Ever think about those moments in your life, good or bad, and wonder at their influences upon who you are right now, at this very moment, when you are reading the words of someone who quite possibly has lost all sense of rationality - well, for this moment?
Everything we see, say, or do indelibly imprints itself on our psyche, and at some point it comes back to either bite you in the ass or lift you up and help you to hopefully become a better you. I've been bitten in the ass a number of times, and it ain't fun, my friends. I think there might actually be permanent teeth marks. But I have also been lifted out of the quagmire and have gone on to become a stronger person for it. It ain't easy, and there ain't no quick fix. But it is possible, if you're willing to look past your own perceived limitations and crash through the wall you have build around you, telling yourself that you can't do it, that it's not possible.
What does all this mean? To you it might mean, "She's finally gone over the deep end." Or, "Surely, she's just really tired" (and I am . . . and don't call me Shirley). But to me, it means a lot. A lot that is not open for discussion in this format. But I challenge anyone who is reading this to think about who it is you really want to be. And if when you look in the mirror you don't see that person, bust through the wall you've built so solidly around you and find The Thing, The One Thing, that will fulfill you and lift you out of your quagmire.

No comments: