Monday, June 6, 2011

Need An Attitude Adjustment

[Rant On]

This is one of those days when all I want to do is shove a crutch somewhere where the sun don't shine. Throw it across the yard while screaming a primal scream. Burn them in effigy while dancing around they're pathetic, melting, skeletons. To say I'm at the end of my rope with these things is quite an understatement.

I had a great pool run tonight, which is an oxymoron. Okay, maybe not completely, but sort of. Let's just say I'm learning to tolerate it since it actually gets me out of the frigging house.

But I digress . . .

My pool run went well, but it's just not - doesn't come even close to being like - trail running. We've had some wonderful, quiet, calm mornings which would have been absolute perfection for a predawn run. But what am I doing? Stumping my way out to my workout shed, trying to keep my crutches from sinking into the wet lawn. AAARRRRRGGGHHH!

I want two feet back, but the way things feel this evening, I don't think that will be happening any time soon. This sucks, my friends. This truly, truly sucks.

[Ran Off]

2 comments:

Ewa said...

(((HUGS))) - sorry they are only virtual.
Go on the trail. spend some time in nature. I cannot promise it will be easy. Sometimes when I am out there I cry, I scream, I wallow in my pain, but when I come back, I feel better.
And lets not kid ourselves, pool runs suck. There is nothing fun about them but your body, your legs, your feet deserve that effort.
Hang in there.

rustyboy said...

Ugh. Effing injuries. I totally get your frustration.