Saturday, August 18, 2012

What's that Bright Orange Globe in the Sky?

Surprisingly, we have sun today!  And it came out in the late morning.  Unbelievable!  Anybody living on the North Coast can tell you we've had the worst summer in a long time.  I've been here 25 years, and I don't remember one being this dreary.  We've barely had sun, and when it does come out, it's usually for only an hour or two.  The plants in my yard doing to the Happy Dance right now.

This morning I ran my longest run since Mt. Hood - 12 miles out at the  McKay Tract.  I felt good, and tried to incorporate some chi hill running that Coach Gary talked to me about last night.  My butt is sore, so I'm not sure I was doing it right, but it felt good.

Saw a bobcat and her baby, too.  I stopped as soon as I saw them.  Mom headed for the bushes, but Baby kept running from side to side, I think looking for Mom.  Once Baby disappeared for more than a minute, I continued on as I'm sure Mom wasn't about the come back out until she was good and sure I was gone.  After that, lots of fresh bear poop that was full of berries, but no bear, thankfully.

No comments: