Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Day 12 - Weigh In

Not much progress on the weight loss front.  Okay - NO progress on the weight loss front and even up .70 lbs.  I need to measure myself, but I'm not holding out too much hope for a difference in that department in only one week.  I think, for whatever reason, I've been sort of compensating for the "loss" of the grains, etc., and have been overeating a bit.  I need to watch that and work harder at sticking with eating when I'm hungry, not just because I always eat at noon, or I always eat at 5:30 or I'm bored, or whatever.

I'm still feeling a bit sluggish in the running department, although yesterday's speed workout went pretty good.  8 miles with 8 x 1 fartleks scattered throughout the mileage (for you non-runners, that would be 8 bursts of speed, each being 1 minute in length).  They were too fast (all in the 8:00-8:15 average pace range), but I didn't feel horrible, just a bit whipped at the end of it all.  (FYI - I don't like speed work.  It's a necessary evil, but I don't like it.)  I was pleasantly surprised, however, that my legs weren't feeling too bad during my strength training session this morning.  I'm hoping that one of the positives of the changes I'm making is faster recovery.

For lunch and dinner, I've been sticking with salads full of goodies or leftover pork, chicken, or fish with some type of veggie, or eggs (e.g, last night's dinner was a slice of leftover roast pork, spinach sauteed with onions and garlic, a fried egg, and a few slices of avocado.  It was really good!), as well as my usual breakfast of fruit and yogurt.  The salads are getting a bit tiresome, but Shorty's making a pot of chili beans I'm looking forward to.

Weight - 144.7 (bleck - that's a gain of almost a whole pound)

No comments: