Friday, March 21, 2014

Day 21 - Let's Make Cheeseburger Quiche!

I went looking for a sports drink picture and found this one.  Cracks me up.  She really looks like she's been exerting herself and needs electrolyte and fluid replacement!  (PS - That's exactly how I look 3-4 hours into a long run or an ultra.  . . . NOT!)

Yesterday got the almond butter packets I ordered, and today I got the UCAN.  Tomorrow it's going to be 18 miles out at Headwaters, so it'll be a good run for experimenting.  The almond butter packet I sampled last night wasn't too bad, although I ended up with heartburn a bit later.  Maybe I should carry TUMS with me tomorrow, just in case.  Heartburn + running = Ugh.  And since I won't have any blue sports drink with me . . . .

The UCAN - You mix a packet with 16 oz of water and drink it 30-45 minutes for you exercise, then re-up every 90 minutes if you're going to be out there longer than 2 hours.  I plan to take an extra bottle of water with me, carry an extra packet, and gauge if I think I need to drink some more.  As always - we'll see!

Oh, regarding the cheeseburger Quiche - I found a recipe in the 'net yesterday, and it looks delicious!  I'll have to report back on this one.

No comments: