Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Day 4 of this Experiment

So far so good!  I mean, how bad can it be when I'm eating my version of carne asada atop a bed of red and romaine lettuces, spinach, and cabbage with cherry tomatoes, black beans, broccoli, hard boiled egg, shredded cheese, and salsa?  I have had a couple of cravings for something salty and crunchy/crispy, but a tsp or so crunchy peanut butter seemed to do the trick.

As far as weight goes, I will be weighing myself once a week - Wednesday mornings.  Weight fluctuates so much, it would be ridiculous and irritating to weigh myself every single day. 

I did the math re heart rate and figured out my max heart rate right now should be 137.  Suffice to say that quite often I am well over that, especially when climbing hills, so I'll be having to slow down, which means more time on the trails and roads . . . which translates into "get your butt up earlier or else you'll be out there all day."  I think my hopes of running with a group of ladies I've been in contact with has to be set aside for now since I will be running so slow in order to keep the HR down.  Hopefully, however, I will soon be leaving people in my dust!!  (Well, not likely, but at least I'll be able to keep up better without all the huffing and puffing.)

No comments: