Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Day 19 - Weigh In (drum roll, please . . .)

I love my kitties.  They keep me sane.  . . . sort of.

Well, shoot.  Why did I pick Wednesday for weigh-in day?  Can I randomly go back and pick another day after last Wednesday?  No.  That'd be cheating.

Not what I had hoped for, but today I weighed in at an even 144, so a drop of .7 of a lb.  Better than a sharp stick in the eye, right.  I wasn't expecting miracles . . . but a hint more - like weighing in at 143 - would've been nice.  Something to look forward to for next week, I guess.

Been having a great email conversation with an on-line running cohort, Andy, regarding low carb running.  For health reasons, he has had to drastically change his diet and has been an invaluable source of information.  We "talked" running food and electrolytes today.

Not sure if I mentioned in my last post, but I ordered a sample pack of UCAN and some packets of almond butter.  Hopefully, they come before Saturday's run for experimentation purposes.  Also per Andy's suggestion, will be trying cheese on the run.  Love me those Baby Bels.  Should be able to fit a few in the vest pocket.  Am also considering trying a hard boiled egg - the perfect food.

I mostly came in here to document my weigh-in, so not much more to tell, except that for lunch today I am quite enjoying my mash up of hard boiled eggs (2), avocado (whole thing), chopped red bell peppers, tomatoes, lemon juice, and a little bit of sour cream, and my carrots and Baby Bels.  Quite tasty, with mandarin oranges as a chaser.

Have a good one, folks ~

No comments: