Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Day 5

Had a really great discussion last night with my coach regarding nutrition.  He is very much in the camp of lowering grain intake and increasing lean proteins and healthy fats, especially the fats part.  He said doing so will not only help replenish the fat stores I will eventually be using for energy, but I will also stay satisfied longer - not feel hungry to soon.  Like today, I had my usual half an apple and half a pear (sans my delicious homemade granola) and yogurt (low fat vanilla mixed with non-fat plain).  Started eating it around 8:15 or so and finished over the course of about half an hour (I eat at work at my desk).  By 11:00, I was so hungry, I was starting to get shaky, so I ate a couple of hard boiled eggs warmed up with butter, salt, and pepper. (As an aside - my mom and I used to eat hard boiled eggs like that.  Memories . . .)

Anyway - back to the fats.  Once I use up the yogurt I've already purchased - which won't take long - I'll be going full fat yogurt.

Coach also talked to me about "Bullet Proof Coffee," which I've heard a lot about lately.  Again, a lot of my reading is showing people are liking this - including Coach - that it keeps them feeling satisfied longer, and they even are feeling more energetic and alert.  Hmmmm . . . .

Lunch Today - Leftover steamed asparagus and carrots with oven roasted chicken legs (skin removed), half an avocado, shredded cheese, salsa, and some lemon juice.  It looks like a mess on the plate, but it's really good.  Loving the avocado!  The Hub is making a bean and veggie soup for dinner.

Weight this morning - down 3 lbs. to 144.1.  Woo hoo!  Sure, it's probably just water weight, but so what - I'm stoked!  I don't expect to see that kind of progress the whole time, but I'll take what I can get for now.

Reminder to Self: Need to go home and look for HR monitor.

No comments: